Website Air Power Manufacturing Solutions
Job Description: Repair Technician (Service Group)
Air Power, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time Repair Technician. This positions primary function is to tear down, evaluate, clean, and repair used pumps, spray guns, hoists, tools, and hydraulic assemblies. An additional function of this position is to serve as assistance for the assembling, testing, and installation of equipment within the Air Power footprint. Travel to customer sites to install equipment and work diligently to maintain established timeline and budget are also key responsibilities that may be required depending on the scope of work necessary.
- Tear down, evaluate, clean and repair used pumps or tools.
- Follow directions from the department manager.
- Ability to prioritize duties based on customer needs and facilitates the work schedule with the department manager.
- Maintain customer goodwill at all times
- Keep workstation clean and orderly
- Must be able to operate a forklift in order to move some parts
- Must be able to do heavy lifting of equipment parts and tools as required from time to time.
- Communicate parts needed to department head for new repair orders.
- Expedite parts orders with purchasing department.
- Maintain established management guidelines for quality and quantity of work.
- Project a pleasant and friendly persona on every customer contact.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Provides phone customer assistance; directs and provides information to customers, and facilitates the resolution of customer complaints and queries.
- May provide back-up and assistance to other departments as appropriate to individual position objectives and requirements.
- May provide specified customer services in locations remote to the central office, as appropriate to the objectives and requirements of the individual position.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Assemble, test, and install:
– Air Power finishing systems and components
– Air Power Assembly systems and components
– Air Power Applied Fluid Technology systems and components
- Lead installation efforts of project at customer facility either onsite, or remotely
- Comply with Company safety protocol, learn correct operation & safety features of all tools & accessories
- Provide progress updates of install during process
- Participate in lessons learned meetings as required
- Check in surplus components after completion of project install
- Report hours and expenditures for project financials
- Mentor less experienced personnel
- Must have a good attitude with proven mechanical ability (pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical backgrounds are a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Skilled in using hand tools, power tools and test equipment.
- Position requires standing most of the day
- Ability to travel to support customer needs
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, Power point)
- 2 years or more of experience in related field preferred
- Health, dental, vision and disability insurance
- 401K with contribution matching program
- Paid PTO & Holidays
- Company provided tools/equipment
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check/drug test.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office and/or warehouse work environment.
To apply for this job email your details to Resumes@airpower-usa.com