One of the main causes of injury in a manufacturing facility is due to lifting heavy objects. In this case study, Air Power helps a customer eliminate the risk of injury with an Ingersoll Rand custom monorail lifting system.
A local machinery manufacturer has had issues finding a suitable solution to include as part of their OEM machinery builds. They had a history of using electrical hoists and I beam trolleys which have not been well received by their end-users. The previous offerings by others were hard to maneuver and difficult to position the load for final placement.
Air Power Solution
Air Power proposed an Ingersoll Rand Zimmerman rail system, which are easily adaptable, cost-effective and easy to use. We designed a system for them that included 4 individual monorails with rigid mount hanger kits to increase clearance and ZAW air balancers with pendant controls for load lifting and proper part positioning. The solution allows each of the 4 sides of their machine to be covered from end to end.
The proposed solution provided the necessary benefits including:
- The ZRA1 monorails utilized minimum push/pull forces, allowing ergonomics on the operator and ease of use.
- For future integrations, the individual monorails provide an easily adaptable solution, should the OEM design change over time.
- The aluminum profile ZRA1 provided a reduction in solution weight.
- The ZAW air balancers allow the end-user to position the load close to its final destination then use the “float” of the balancer for final (and exact) placement of the part; further enhancing the user experience.
Air Power in partnership with Graco is working hard to prep the Hydroshield for upcoming customer demos throughout our entire territory! Pre-plan, setup, and spray prior to demo ensures a successful onsite demo. We’d like to thank the team of Graco Representatives Nick Lewis, Nick Yanavitch, and Chris Maicon for all working with the Air Power team to establish this product in the field.
The Graco Hydroshield Spray Package is an operator-friendly solution for spraying waterborne material that improves transfer efficiency and safety. This system includes manual electrostatic air spray or air-assist guns, controller interface, and high-performing pumps.
The HydroShield Batch Waterborne System makes it easy to safely use electrostatics to spray waterborne material.
- Refill paint supply without having to open the isolation cabinet.
- Use one controller with simple screens to set and adjust system parameters.
- Minimize downtime with durable components that are easily accessed and maintained.
Check out these pictures of the Air Power team setting up this system in the Air Power High Point Finishing Lab!