How To Set And Verify The Torque Output of a Panasonic Mechanical Pulse Tool
In this video, Air Power Technical Specialist, James Stanley walks through steps to set and verify the torque output of a panasonic mechanical pulse tool.
Equipment utilized- Panasonic Mechanical Pulse Tool with Sturtevant Richmont Beam Wrench
- Determine target torque for application. Utilize beam wrench to tighten test joing to desired torque. Once desired torque is reached, “breakaway” the joint in order to properly determine breakaway torque.
- Complete until breakaway torque is consistent with joint.
- Run tool on joint
- Determine breakaway torque following tightening. Compare this observed breakaway torque with the breakaway torque determined in step #1 following a successful tightening on the application joining.
- Utilizing the Panasonic remote controller, adjust your Mechanical Pulse tool torque output up or down.
- Complete steps 3-5 until consistent tool torque tightening results are achieved.