Taking total control of your fastening process doesn’t have to be complicated. Ingersoll Rand’s comprehensive QX Series family of fastening systems deliver simple, flexible and capable solutions for all of your assembly requirements. No matter the industry or application, you can count on Ingersoll Rand as a trusted partner to help you get the job done right!
The innovative QX Series of cordless precision fasteners is a revolutionary step for your entire facility – one that shows how a smarter tool can improve process control, operator comfort and data communication. In a single, affordable package, this tool puts you in control by helping to increase productivity, lower costs and ensuring a high-quality product at the end of your production line.
The QX Series family of tools consists of:
- QX ETS
Currently, there are three (3) quick, easy, and effective methods in which to program a QX tool for deployment within your manufacturing process.
1.Programming with the Insight Connect App:
- The INSIGHT™ Connect app will help you stay productive, mobile and in control of your fastening process. It programs any Ingersoll Rand® QX Series™ tool without the need for additional technical training, special software, plant network permissions or a laptop computer. Working from a smartphone or tablet, operators can use the app to quickly program the torque and angle control configurations on these closed-loop, transducerized tools.
- Once installed, the INSIGHT™ Connect app can operate offline, so it functions in large facilities or other locations where Internet signal loss may be a problem, reducing downtime and maximizing ease of use. You can quickly perform key tasks with your mobile device, including:
- Torque + angle
- Back-up and restore tool settings
- Retrieval of tool logs and the ability to send via email for post-processing
- Review audit logs
2. Programming from the back of the tool
Or reference the below video (some of the menu options have changed since this video was posted by Ingersoll Rand in 2017 – but the overall flow and understanding remain unchanged)
3. Programming utilizing the Ingersoll Rand ICS Software